Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Upholsterers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
What Upholsterers Do
Make, repair, or replace upholstery for household furniture or transportation vehicles.
- 2020 employment: 32,100
- May 2021 median annual wage: $37,420
Job Outlook for Upholsterers
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 1,400
- Growth rate: 4 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become an Upholsterer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.