Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners: Career Information
Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
What Tool grinders, filers, and sharpeners Do
Perform precision smoothing, sharpening, polishing, or grinding of metal objects.
Tool grinder, filer, and sharpener Salaries
- 2020 employment: 6,200
- May 2021 median annual wage: $38,430
Job Outlook for Tool grinders, filers, and sharpeners
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -100
- Growth rate: -2 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Tool grinder, filer, and sharpener
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.