Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Operators
Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
What They Do
Set up, operate, or tend machines that wind or twist textiles; or draw out and combine sliver, such as wool, hemp, or synthetic fibers. Includes slubber machine and drawing frame operators.
- 2020 employment: 26,400
- May 2021 median annual wage: $30,020
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -3,000
- Growth rate: -12 percent (Decline)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.