Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Underground Mining Machine Operators and Extraction Workers (all other): Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Underground Mining Machine Operators and Extraction Workers (all other)
What Mining machine operators and extraction workers Do
All mining machine operators and extraction workers not listed separately.
Mining machine operator Salaries
- 2020 employment: 12,600
- May 2021 median annual wage: $53,380
Job Outlook for Mining machine operators and extraction workers
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 1,300
- Growth rate: 10 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Mining machine operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.