Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Grinding and Polishing Workers (Hand): Career Information
Grinding and Polishing Workers (Hand)
What Grinding and polishing workers Do
Grind, sand, or polish, using hand tools or hand-held power tools, a variety of metal, wood, stone, clay, plastic, or glass objects. Includes chippers, buffers, and finishers.
Grinding and polishing worker Salaries
- 2020 employment: 23,700
- May 2021 median annual wage: $35,670
Job Outlook for Grinding and polishing workers
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -3,200
- Growth rate: -14 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Grinding and polishing worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.