Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators (Surface Mining): Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators (Surface Mining)
What Excavating and loading machine and dragline operators Do
Operate or tend machinery at surface mining site, equipped with scoops, shovels, or buckets to excavate and load loose materials.
Excavating and loading machine and dragline operator Salaries
- 2020 employment: 41,300
- May 2021 median annual wage: The annual wage is not available.
Job Outlook for Excavating and loading machine and dragline operators
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 1,800
- Growth rate: 4 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become a Excavating and loading machine or dragline operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.