Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Cutters and Trimmers (Hand): Career and Salary Information
Cutters and Trimmers (Hand)
What Cutters and trimmers Do
Use hand tools or hand-held power tools to cut and trim a variety of manufactured items, such as carpet, fabric, stone, glass, or rubber.
Cutter and trimmer Salaries
- 2020 employment: 8,100
- May 2021 median annual wage: $30,230
Job Outlook for Cutters and trimmers
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -2,400
- Growth rate: -30 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Cutter or trimmer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.