Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Couriers and Messengers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Couriers and Messengers
What Couriers and messengers Do
Pick up and deliver messages, documents, packages, and other items between offices or departments within an establishment or directly to other business concerns, traveling by foot, bicycle, motorcycle, automobile, or public conveyance. Excludes Light Truck Drivers.
Courier and messenger Salaries
- 2020 employment: 142,200
- May 2021 median annual wage: $33,050
Job Outlook for Couriers and messengers
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -11,700
- Growth rate: -8 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Courier or messenger
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.