Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Chemical Plant and System Operators: Career Information
Chemical Plant and System Operators
What Chemical plant and system operators Do
Control or operate entire chemical processes or system of machines.
Chemical plant and system operator Salaries
- 2020 employment: 29,500
- May 2021 median annual wage: $70,200
Job Outlook for Chemical plant and system operators
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -100
- Growth rate: 0 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become a Chemical plant or system operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.